Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

14 Things I Just Don't Get

14. the appeal of professional football
13. why there are three CSI shows
12. why some black men feel the need to wear panty-hose on their heads for fashion's sake
11. why complete strangers feel compelled to attempt to molest my pregnant belly
10. how there can be drive-thru liquor stores
9. why almost every pre-packaged food in the grocerey store must contain high fructose corn syrup and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil
8. why, no matter how new the appliance is, you still have to wash your dishes before you put the in your dishwasher for them to come out clean
7. why any self-respecting mother would buy her daughter a Bratz doll-- I mean you're just asking for it
6. telemarketers who call your house and when you answer the phone place you on hold-- "Please hold for a very important call" YOU CALLED ME!
5. how I can put eight pairs of sock into the washer, yet only get fifteen socks back when I take the load out of the dryer to sort
4. why people struggle carry their 7lb. baby around the shopping mall in a 20lb. car seat when they could just carry the 7lb. baby
3. how conservative Christians can be anti-abortion and pro-death penalty at the same time
2. Peeps for any other holiday besides Easter
1. organized religion (more on this topic later)

(If there really are explanations for any of these items, I'm all ears. Please, enlighten me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home