Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Friday, February 24, 2006

My First Gray (Technically White) Hair

I discovered my first gray hair tonight. Technically the hair is white. And when I say white, I mean brilliant snow white! I have been expecting them to show up at some point and time in my life, as I have watched my mother's hair develop a considerable amount of silver over the years mixed among her dark brunette locks. What I wasn't expecting was to discover my first one the same place my father seems to be sporting most of his these days, in my eyebrow. Yet there it sits. Perched saucily over my left eye, bending against the general wave of the majority of its cohorts, it says hello with a deep graceful bow. I am almost proud of it. And I just can't bring myself to pluck it quite yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger busybusymomma said...

I love it! Enjoy your jaunty eyebrow hair. ;) I've had occasional white hairs since I was 16 and I'm the ripe ol' age of 25 now. LOL

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home