Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Perfect Timing

Ask just about any woman who has experienced pregnancy and she'll tell you how challenging the last couple of months can be physically, but even more so mentally and emotionally. I remember how impatient and irritable I was in August 2003. It was hot and muggy and there was nothing good on television.

This time it's going to be different! I just picked up our mail today and in the latest TV Guide is the two page spread that hold the key to the blissful and relaxed final weeks of pregnancy: The Best of May Sweeps. May sweeps! Why didn't I think of this when we were conceiving my eldest? It's the perfect distraction. With so many long-time running shows going off the air that I have occasionally caught a few episodes of here and there (Will & Grace, That 70's Show, 7th Heaven, West Wing), I can totally fill my May evenings with mindless, relaxing, effortless entertainment as my babies put the finishing touches on themselves! Not to mention focusing on catching the season and series finales of some of my favorite shows ever, (Alias, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break) will be an extremely effective distraction from any impatience. Not that my May calendar isn't filling up quick despite my best efforts to pair down anyway. But almost every one of my May commitments are enjoyable celebrations perfect for keeping me in a positive mind-set about life, things like birthdays and graduations. So once I add in the sweeps- my May is all set

Before you know it, I'll be birthin' in June!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home