Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Friday, April 14, 2006

Pregnancy Insomnia

Sleep has become a challenge for me within the past few weeks. It totally evades me some nights. I settled down with my daughter at about 9:30 tonight and was hoping against hope it would be a good sleep night. I woke up an hour and a half later, restless and unable to go back to bed. So I've reviewed my email, caught up on reading old college roommates blogs and now I guess it's time for me to add a blog entry of my own. Who knows what my nights will be like as I get progressively bigger and more uncomfortable between now and June!

I am starting to find the need to simplify my life as much as possible. I am adding less and less things to my calendar on a weekly basis and I am looking for ways to scale back on chores and other obligations around the house too. I'm just too dang tired to get everything done anymore. And two flights of stairs in our house doesn't help any-- never thought I'd say I missed living in an apartment, but this week I do. I told my husband I'm just going to start randomly throwing stuff out over the next few weeks. If it's sitting around the house looking and acting like junk, it's in immanent danger of finding it's way to the landfill. This is not my normal attitude as I am usually a clutterbug myself and also a big fan or reusing and recycling, but I am having a harder time than usual maintaining a bare minimum level of clean around here and I figure the less stuff there is to put away, the less putting away there is to do.

I am also simplifying cooking meals at the expense of our usual organic whole foods based diet. By about 5pm I am exhausted and the idea of cooking from scratch makes me want to crawl into bed right then. I think I may even forgo my usual disgust and distaste for institutional grocery chains to save myself the energy of driving all over hell and tarnation to pick up food from farmers and co-ops and whatnot. I wonder what my family would think if I stooped low enough to serve something like Hamburger Helper one of these nights. I asked my mom to make me a huge batch of her pasta salad this weekend and bring it to my house so I would have lunch already made for the week and not have to make that too.

Now if I could only figure out how to not have to do so much laundry.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home