Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Just Can't Decide

I'm sitting at my computer with my latest bout of pregnancy insomnia, struggling to decide what to ramble on about at this particular moment and I just can't decide. There's the funny, yet simultaneously frustrating episode that occurred in the grocery store parking lot this week involving our cursed minivan, a 19 year old girl driving her dad's SUV and some duct tape. It's a good story and I probably should add it in here, but there's also the latest book I'm reading which alternately has me nodding my head in sympathetic agreement or shaking my head in utter disbelief-- Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety-- which would make for a spirited blog entry, no doubt. There's my incredible excitement at my impending home visit from my midwives tomorrow afternoon which marks the "all clear" point for our home birth plans or possibly my current curious obsession with finding a decent book on parenting twins that doesn't completely offend me with its inhumane Ferber/Ezzo-like tone (do I really need a book or can I just trust my instincts and follow my heart?) There's my husband's recent unscheduled pay raise which I am hoping convinces him to de-stress a little and remember that even if the housing market really does slow down and his company needs to trim a little construction manager fat, he doesn't even come close to resembling cellulose to his boss and is not in danger of being on the chopping block. There's the string of random old friends I have randomly heard from in the last week for various random reasons as they've emailed to let me know the latest random event that is affecting their lives (i.e, new baby, finishing up grad school, new job etc.) since I last heard from them. There's my take on the string of series and season finales I've been watch over the last few weeks, so fantastic, others seriously lacking. There's the......

.....sheesh. I think I just figured out the reason for my insomnia-- there's the brain that just can't shut up! Maybe it's time to get back in bed and just hush up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home