Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tying Up Unraveling Ends

I will be 37 weeks pregnant with our twins on Monday and I am trying like hell to get my house in order before going into labor so that I can leave everything pretty much taken care of and just have people help maintain it postpartum. Best laid plans.....

Today I feel as though my every move to wrap things up is being thwarted. I clean up one area of the house and move on to the next area. As I finish with the second area, I notice my daughter, husband and sister have managed to junk up the first area I cleaned in anywhere from minutes to days later and you wouldn't know I had it clean a short time before that. My mother recently spent a few days over here helping me by doing some of the serious scrubbing for me in the kitchen and bathrooms, but we discovered this weekend that all our cats have roundworms. (Picture the enormously pregnant lady trying to hold down four cats to give them deworming pills!) This just so sketches me out that I now feel like I need to re-scrub everything in the house and wash all the sheets and laundry and clean the carpets and whatever else I can think of to get the house less icky before we have two newborns in here.

Meanwhile, my husband is trying to get certain home improvement projects finished before the twins arrive and there is project debris all over the house, from scrap lumbar and trim in the basement to aluminum sheeting in the kitchen to wallpaper scraps in the ground floor bathroom and it is about to send me over the edge because I can't clean where he's got this crap piled up and I don't have any place to put it.

And my daughter, who is normally an extremely mellow kid, must be picking up on my crunch-time mentality because she has picked this week to become a "developmentally on target" 2 1/2 year old. She's cutting all four of her last baby molars at the same time so I'm sure that's not helping her disposition. I am trying to be as empathetic as my waddley self can be, but I definitely find myself saying "no," "stop that," and other things like that much, much more than I normally do when dealing with her.

I have a list of a million things to do this afternoon and the only one I'm all that interested in accomplishing is a nap. That will have to wait at least until after I deworm the cats though... Pregnant lady feline wrestling, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home