Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Word About Emmitt Smith

Normally I waste as little mental effort as possible on professional football players, but as I indulge myself in my weekly dose of Dancing With the Stars I feel compelled to say a few words about my favorite contestant, Emmitt Smith. Most of the moronic imbeciles mouthing off on national television calling themselves "professional" athletes are nothing more than overpaid brain-dead thugs. This does not seem to be the case with Mr. Smith. He is clean, polished, poised, polite, and articulate. He also seems to be a genuine gentleman who places a strong emphasis on the importance of family, supporting his wife and children in their various endeavors. All in all, I have been very impressed with what a classy guy he has been on this show. He is a professional in every sense of the word. His performance is almost the complete antithesis of the terribly painful waste of time that Master P's participation was last season. Perhaps when he hangs up his dancing shoes, he could open a charm school for today's lackluster football players. The ghetto-fabulous likes of Terrel Ownes, Ray Lewis, Ricky Williams and many others could use a few lessons in what it really takes to be a professional.

1 Comments:

Blogger Analisa said...

Totally ditto, although I just adore all three of the guys left.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home