Eclectic Muddlehood

How's this for a perplexing beginning? I am a great many things, but none of them are me. At least not in my entirety. This is the little corner where I attempt to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts as I muddle through being a wife, a mother and a woman... among other things.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Here, in no particular order, is a short list of my parts from the mundane to the pretentious, some or all of which may surface in future attempts to work on the whole: wife, mother, doula, childbirth educator, writer, yoga student, homeschooler, amature organic gardner, kitchen witch, all-around foodie, spiritual truth-seeker, daughter, clutter-bug, complusive list maker, bibliophile, homemaker, friend, homebirth/natural birth advocate, impulse shopper, wine snob, knitter, artist, lover, sensuist, and email junkie (There may be more later, but that's it for now.)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Creative Abandon

As another holiday melody drifts across the living room and into the kitchen, I find myself suspended in bliss. I smile to myself as my ears hear "fall on your knees, all hear the angels' voices." This morning I hear them in the sparkling crystal laughter shared between us as my eldest daughter and I spend the morning reveling in the reckless abandon of three year-old creativity making our own holiday wrapping paper. I just know my mother and I are going to have a very hard time throwing out the trash after the chaos of the family holiday gift exchage when we peer down into the remnants to find them covered in the tiny multicolored hand prints of my first-born child. Proof of the simple awesome beauty we are capable of in those early years when one is free from the brutal glaring eye of self-criticism. I learn more from the natural wisdom of my children than I could ever hope to learn in a formal classroom. In this and in all seasons, I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home